Saturday, January 30, 2010

Urban Decay's Alice in Wonderland Palette....

Hello Everyone!
Growing up as a kid I always loved the story of Alice in Wonderland and a few weeks ago while watching movie trailers I saw the trailer for the 2010 remake of the movie... I was so excited and knew I'd be going back to see it, but never imagined that UD would create a palette to go along with it!! When I heard there was a possibility I quickly started to research....For 2 reasons... 1. I wanted to try UD shadows and this would be the perfect opportunity 2. I knew it would be something special....
 For weeks I've been researching this palette so I'd know what to expect....and to my surprise there were lots of mixed reviews. I was so surprised that it sold out during the one day online sale! people were in such a frenzy about this palette so I knew it had to be the greatest....
 Until I came across the blog: Frantastic Makeup, she took the time to analyze and compare the AIW shadow to those in the book of shadows vol. II and basically said for those of you who own BOS vol.II there were only 4 colors that seperated the 2...ok,  I thought to myself I guess I'm actually safe since I don't currently own any UD shadows so I definetly wouldn't have to worry about dupes...then, I got a tweet from @UrbanDecay411 that graciously let me know the palettes were available at ULTA in store.... I ran to the store! the palettes weren't due to be put out til Sunday but because I'm a regular  I was allowed to get mine Friday... AND I was able to use my 20% off coupon which gave me a $10.00 discount not bad at all for 13 shadows a mini pp and 2 mini liners!  












MY VERDICT...the colors are very pretty, very pigmented and easy to blend! I really like them....IMO not glittery as others have stated, only a few have glitter to me they're more frosty... I had never tried UD's liners either and I love them now! they're so smooth and easy to use as well as long lasting! I haven't figured out which colors to put together to create a HOT look but as soon as I do I will definetly post some!! NOW run out to ULTA and get yours and DON'T FORGET YOUR COUPON!!!

No comments: