Thursday, January 28, 2010

Klean Colors Hawaiian Rainbow Splendor

So yesterday I made a trip across town to my favorite beauty supply store. The purpose of my trip was to find the infamous NYX Runway & Makeup Artist Palette and because this store always has all the NYX I knew I was headed to the right place....
Unfortunately, Once I got there and they didn't have any of the palettes I was looking for; but on the way out the door SOMETHING CAUGHT MY EYE....What was  it???
They were Klean Colors Eyeshadow Palettes...



 The colors were SO bright, vibrant, and tropical I just had to get them! and with a price tag of $1.99 each they were a STEAL! for that price if I didn't like them it wouldnt be a total loss...
I was so excited with my purchase I couldn't wait to get home and play with my new shadows... THE VERDICT:
For the price the shadows aren't bad, although the payoff without a base is horrible! I found that these palettes work better with a neutral base like the one I used in the pictures which is L'Oreal's paint in Lofty from the H.I.P. line....Which I got for $2.99 during CVS's 75% off sale!!!
The texture of the shadows is easy to blend and smooth, it's not shimmery but more frosty...Because of the frost I can't see using these to do a complete look however I would pair them with a matte or other textured shadows, if you do a complete look with these you'd look a frosty mess...All in all they're good for the price... And I'll definetly use them from time to time...

No comments: