Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rimmel's Airy Fairy Lipstick.... My thoughts

While watching some YouTube videos I noticed that one of my favorite Makeup Gurus Aubrey a.k.a. Fafinettex3 constantly reffered to Rimmel's Airy Fairy lipstick as her HG nude lipstick....so as usual I decided to take a trip to Walgreens! as I couldn't wait to see what all the rave was about with this particular shade... Add to that the fact that all Rimmel was 50% off that day and we had a deal! I ended up paying around $2.50 for the lipstick and as usual thought to myself ....at this price it won't be a total waste if I hate it!


I got home and applied the nude-ish pink lipstick and immediately thought to myself "HELL NO!" what was I thinking.. I must have lost my mind when I told myself I could pull this off. So I tossed the lipstick into my "maybe later" bin, or as my daughters call it "the makeup cemetary" (they always say that's where my makeup goes to die)

I was really bothered that I couldn't make that lipstick work for me...about 2 weeks later I was going out with some friends and needed something new and nude to pair with my eyes so I decided to give Airy Fairy another chance! This time was something different... I paired Airy Fairy with Milani's Secret gloss and I was in LOVE!!! How could I have neglected Airy Fairy all it needed was a little love..



I an so glad I decided to give it another try as its now one of MY favorite Drugstore products...

** The moral of this story is: EVERY product deserves a 2nd chance....LOL...

1 comment:

LiAnn - Sparklecrack Central said...

Cool! How are the Rimmel lipsticks for longevity? I haven't tried Rimmel much, other than two of their mascaras (decided they weren't for me, didn't apply very smoothly) but I'm always interested in trying other nude- or near-nude lip colors.